- It provides immense support to find mentors or advisors for their research in the respective domain;
- It helps the scholars to locate courses in their subject interests and research focus of the department and organization; and
- It provides scholarly metadata related to research interests of faculty members, research focus of the departments and schools.
Indian Research Information Network System
IRINS is web-based Research Information Management (RIM) service developed by the Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) Centre. The portal facilitates the academic, R&D organisations and faculty members, scientists to collect, curate and showcase the scholarly communication activities and provide an opportunity to create the scholarly network. The IRINS is available as free software-as-service to the academic and R&D organisations in India.
The IRINS would support to integrate the existing research management system such as HR system, course management, grant management system, institutional repository, open and commercial citation databases, scholarly publishers, etc. It has integrated with academic identity such as ORCID ID, ScopusID, Research ID, Microsoft Academic ID, Google Scholar ID for ingesting the scholarly publication from various sources.
Benefit to the Stakeholders
The IRINS provides great support and create the scholarly network in our country.
- It supports the faculty members to showcase their research contributions to the peer group;
- It provides more significant exposure for their research contributions to the international community and brings funding opportunities from the national and international agencies; and
- Improve the research metadata quality and reduce the repetitive data entry for various assessment system.
- It enables the administrator to build research report, performance assessments and research impact analysis;
- Strategically analyses the research progress for better decision making on funding, faculty assessment and resource allocation;
- Help the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQSC) and National Institutional Ranking Framework Coordinator to generate report for various research assessment.
- Key research area and research progress of schools, departments and faculty members; and
- Faceted search facility with number of filters to find experts and their contribution.
- Import publications from academic identities such as Microsoft Academic Search ID, Google Scholar ID, Researcher ID, Scopus ID; and
- ORCID integration to ingest the profile information with publication.
- Networking of faculty through co-author network, map of science network; and
- Graphical representation on productivity of the department and individual faculty member.
- Altmetric from social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Mendeley.
- Citation from Scopus, CrossRef and link to Open Access article through ImpactStory.
IRINS is web-based Research Information Management (RIM) service provided by the Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) Centre, An Inter-University Centre of University Grants Commission, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.